At Betterbee, we remember what it was like to be starting out; the daunting decisions of what style hive to get and what components to outfit it with, and worrying what we picked might prohibit our success. Through our expertise and experience, we have hand crafted a kit with excellent craftsmanship and your success in our minds. Don’t second guess where quality lies, let us show you!
This beehive kit also includes our Betterbee Jacket and a pair of gloves to keep you covered as well as a smoker, hive tool, and a great book!
A Few Things to Note About This Kit:
This is a 10 frame hive kit. What that means is that the hive body (box where bees live), is able to hold 10 frames (rectangular structure that contains foundation which bees build comb on). The main benefit to 10 frame hives vs 8 frames is that there is more space inside the hive so more comb can be drawn and more bees accommodated.
Frames, the hive body, and other components come assembled, but beekeepers will have to arrange them as parts are moveable and not bound together
Includes the following:
- Heavy Duty Galvanized Outer Cover
- Deep Rim Inner Cover
- BeeMax Hivetop Feeder
- 2 Medium 10 Frame Assembled Boxes
- 20 Assembled Medium Wood Frames with White Plastic Foundation and Heavy Wax Coating
- 2 Assembled Deep 10 Frame Hive Bodies
- 20 Assembled Deep Wood Frames with Black Plastic Foundation and Heavy Wax Coating
- Plastic Queen Excluder
- Screened Bottom Board
- Flat Monitoring Tray
- Standard Smoker
- Standard Hive Tool
- The Beekeeper’s Handbook by Diana Sammataro and Alphonse Avitable
- Deluxe Leather Gloves
- Betterbee Jacket with Round Veil
Become a better beekeeper. Take one of our classes: Beekeeping Classes
Shop all our beginner kits