"If you’re interested in utilizing and learning about the beeswax your hive produces, this is the book for you. From an in depth look at the history of beeswax and its many uses to a breakdown of its physical properties- this book will tell you everything you need to know about beeswax.
- Beeswax: Natural wax vs. Synthetic wax; physical and chemical properties of beeswax; Wax secretion and comb construction.
- Grading and Economics of Beeswax
- Harvesting Beeswax (collection and storage of wax cappings and refuse; Damage to beeswax in harvesting and storage and recovery methods for it) Commercial Preparation of Beeswax for Market (Including: Clarification; Quality, source, and bleachability; Sun and Chemical bleaching; and the packaging and disposition of beeswax)
- Testing your Beeswax (Chemical and Physical tests)
- Beeswax in Comb Foundation (History of foundation manufacturing; Commercial Methods for manufacturing; Beekeeper Methods; Cell orientation; reinforced foundation; Substitutes for comb and foundation; Industry overview and trends)
- Beeswax in Art and Industry (“The Lost Wax Process”; Batik; Encaustic Painting; Beeswax Figures; Grafting Wax; Sealing Wax; Beeswax in Cosmetics)
- Showing and Judging Beeswax (Molding wax blocks; Beeswax products; Judging beeswax and beeswax products)
By William Coggshall & Roger A. Morse