BEE PACKAGE PICK UP DAY1
WHEN PURCHASING BEES PLACE ON SEPARATE ORDER FROM ALL MERCHANDISE AND/OR CLASSES
3 lb. Italian package of bees with an Italian Queen
Packages consist of 3 pounds of bees in a screened cage along with a laying queen in a separate cage. There is also a can of sugar syrup to provide food for the bees during transport. The packages come from Wilbanks Apiaries in Claxton, Georgia. They are transported directly by truck, arriving at Betterbee less than 24 hours after packaging. Package bees are an economical and effective means of starting a beehive.
20 +: CALL FOR PRICING (may only be available on 2nd or 3rd pick up days)
Pre-Pay Only via Credit Card, Check, Money Order, Cash
Pick Up Only between the hours of 7:00 am and 1 pm on the scheduled Saturday
At least one valid phone number on file and preferably email as well
Notify Betterbee via phone if, upon hiving your package, you find your queen has perished. You will be provided this phone number upon pickup
Please, orders for Bee Packages must be separate from all other merchandise orders.
$10 fee PER PACKAGE up to 30 days before scheduled pick-up date
30 days and under NO REFUNDS unless dedicated package can be resold. In the case that we can resell the package only the $10 cancellation will be charged and the balance will be refunded.
SWITCHING PICK UP DATES: Picking up a package is an exciting time but it can also be frustrating as we are all at the mercy of mother nature. It is our goal to get you the healthiest 3 pounds of bees we can at a time when they will be ready to survive and grow. The timing of this is dictated by the weather both here when the bees arrive and in the south where the bees need the time and conditions to expand their winter colonies and produce the bees that will fill the packages. Actual pickup dates will not be known until Spring. You will be notified via email & phone call of the final scheduled pickup date as soon as we know when the bees will arrive which is generally at least 21 days before scheduled pick up. Once date is announced, customer can opt to change pickup date to 2nd or 3rd (which may still be unknown at the time 1st pick up date is announced)
1. Place and pay for any merchandise order before arriving at Betterbee. Lines for purchasing merchandise may be extensive on pick up days.
2. Be sure your beehive is assembled and painted and ready for your bees BEFORE your scheduled pickup day. You should also have the hive location selected and prepared in advance.
3. Hive your packages as soon as possible when you arrive home to ensure its health and the health of its queen. If it is not possible to transfer bees immediately then they should be kept in a cool, dark place until ready to install.
4. A package of bees generates significant amounts of heat. The bees can easily die if left in direct sun or an unventilated area. DO NOT transport in the trunk , in the direct sun or in other unventilated area.
5. The packages come with Italian queens. If desired you can requeen once the colony is established with a Carniolan or northern-raised queen. We advise allowing your hive to become established before changing queens.
6. Bring protective clothing (veil, gloves, etc) depending on your level of comfort with the bees.
7. Feeding the new colony is essential. It takes 5 pounds of Honey or syrup for the bees to produce 1 pound of the beeswax essential for building combs. Plan to continue feeding until the colony is well established and the there is brood in all stages.
Item # BEEDAY1